Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sunset


Sunset
Originally uploaded by bonbayel.
I didn't think I'd get to go to the beach on this trip to Maine, where I've been helping my almost 93-year old parents with Dad's Parkinson's. But one day, I discovered that my ability to be a caregiver had hit bottom and I needed to refill my resources.

I went for a wonderful, albeit cold, walk on the beach at Popham Fort, near Bath, Maine. If you click the picture, you can see what else I saw there before the sun went down.

I found a sea gull, some interesting ducks, patterns the waves had made on the sand, a couple of islands with a light house and a cottage, some fishermen, who said the fishing is about half of what it used to be, but a little better now that it's being managed, and an amazing lot of flowers.

The temperature was about 40, and I had neither hat, gloves, or warm socks, but it was exhilarating any way. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: