Thursday, November 29, 2007

Creating Green Jobs


I read an exciting article today in this week's Time Magazine about a man named Van Jones with Green Vision. You can read the article at Time.com Bring Eco-Power to the People. Mr. Jones has started the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights in Oakland, which includes the section that really excites me: an organization training people to do Green Collar jobs, which you can read about in Green For All: Ella Baker Center Launches a Bold National Initiative as well as on the Green for All website.

What excites me is that some of the Green Collar jobs he's training people for are in solar panel installation. I picture a fantastic cooperation between Green for All and Citizenre, which (as you know if you've been reading my blog) is planning to rent solar panels to residential customers, so that everyone will be able to afford them without taking out a loan. Since there are already more than 25,6000 people signed up for these rental panels, there is a huge need for installers. I hope that Citizenre and Van Jones will quickly be able to find each other and figure this out!

No comments: