Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lizard visits us on Earth Day


Lizard visits on Earth Day
Originally uploaded by bonbayel.
Today my email inbox was filled with Earth Day messages, all the newspapers and magazines have been having articles about eating organic and living sustainably, and even Target is selling a line of organic cotton clothing.

And the government's been right there too, with the EPA agreeing that CO2 is endangering, and Obama is getting on to clean energy (unfortunately he hasn't dropped "clean coal.")

But I think the most significant thing for me today was a visit from a little friend, a San Diego Alligator Lizard (I thought it was a skink, but I've changed my mind!) who has been exploring our patio, and finally decided to take a look inside.

Once inside, it was hard to get him out. He (she?) knows when I'm looking at him, so I can't get a picture of him moving, as the video clip shows! When I opened the screen door that he'd crawled under to get in, he finally eyed a chance to get away from me. (After I moved away!)

No comments: