Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunrise


Easter Sunday I had to get up really early, because the Claremont Chorale was participating in a sunrise service at a nearby Forest Lawn. Unfortunately the weather was cool for southern California, and very misty, so we got sort of damp, but it was lovely watching the sky brighten. We competed with many birds when we sang, and by the time we got to our closing piece, Handel's Halleluja Chorus, the sky was bright enough to read the music without our flashlights.

This is how I'm beginning to feel about people's awareness of how they can participate in ensuring the sustainability of our planet. We are gradually moving out of the darkness, and into the light, although the sun isn't really shining yet. All the many people who participated in the Step It Up campaign are just one indication.

In this blog I will share my thoughts about how we can use the sunshine to sustain the earth rather than to destroy it. I hope you will add your comments (which I will moderate.)

No comments: